A smart investor looks for what can be done that offers the greatest opportunity for success in the markets.
A smart person looks for opportunities with the highest likelihood of meeting his or her needs, goals and desires.
Finding and implementing the best ideas for doing so, is deceptively easy conceptually but monumentally difficult to put into practice. Accordingly, good financial advice is both invaluable and rare. It requires far more than selecting investments. It requires substantial expertise and the ability to manage emotions and expectations.
HISEC Wealth and Financial Services has proven to be such an advisor who supports your efforts in meeting your needs, goals and desires.
HISEC fulfills the role of advocate and administrator, when it comes to your financial wellness, decisions and execution.
We accept the role as a client representative and work diligently to achieve client friendly outcomes over a long term relationship, both with clients and the best breed of solution suppliers.
HISEC has developed a proven investment methodology based on their long term models and experience in the world of investments.
What makes us different?
- HISEC understands that the world of investments can be a daunting place.
- It is essential to achieve clients’ goals, be it short term, long term or retirement based.
- We have built a specific solution methodology which is adjusted for your unique circumstances both for onshore and offshore investments.
What makes our approach different?
- HISEC has developed specific approaches for different investment worlds which can be tailored for individual needs.
- Specifically, the methodology for onshore and offshore investments has been developed to produce the best possible outcomes for clients.
Onshore Investments: +−
HISEC looks for five imperative realities when placing local investments. We believe this is a crucial differentiator in how we add value to our clients:
- We separate insurance specialists from investment specialists;
- We seek investment managers who have experience and effective research ability;
- We create liquid and effective portfolios by using Smaller / Boutique Sized managers. The managers we use are nimble and can make use of special opportunities in the market which the larger fund managers are not able to do;
- We have regular and focused contact sessions with the investment decision makers / portfolio managers, enabling us to provide informed feedback on return expectations and management of investor emotions;
- With almost all providers, we have negotiated to access institutional fee structures, as opposed to normal (retail) investor rates. This provides an immediate cost saving to our clients and is not offered by all advisors.
Offshore Investments: +−
The key benefit of an international approach is the breadth of the investment opportunities and the size of the investable universe. To place SA in perspective, at 0.56% of the world’s economy, we are roughly as big as the US state of Michigan.
Research has shown that it is important to diversify your portfolio, not only in different asset classes, but also in different jurisdictions. It has also shown that in order to effectively outperform inflation by 5% or more, it is preferable to have between 35% and 45% of your portfolio offshore (This is a strategic objective but would need to be assessed for each client’s individual needs).
The portfolio allocation used for offshore investments depends on each client’s needs, but is based on substantial quantitative analyses which seeks to minimise risk, maximise return and use the best possible blend of offshore funds and managers in order to achieve such results.
Investment product types: +−
Depending on your individual needs and the potential time frame of investments, there are basically three types of investments considered to be appropriate for discretionary investments:
- Standard investment, which is totally discretionary and can be added to or withdrawn from at any time. You can make lump sum contributions or debit order contributions, whichever suits you best. There are no limits to this investment and is as the definition states, totally discretionary;
- Endowment Investment
Depending on, particularly, your tax status or where the investments are placed, it might be appropriate to use an endowment investment. There are some tax benefits here, but also some limitations in terms of withdrawal. See the interesting things to read section for more details on this type of investment.
- Tax Free Savings Accounts are also useful tools to build as much return as possible over a long term, without any tax payable on any return.
There are, however, annual contribution limits which should be considered. See the interesting things to read section for more details on this type of investment.
To understand more about how we can make our skills, methodology and process work to your advantage, contact us by sending an email or contact us by phoning on 087 285 9504.
We look forward to developing a long term relationship with you.